If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, or recently retired and looking for your "Encore Career", this networking group program is perfect for you. Remember, 85% of jobs are found through networking!
Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search.
Each biweekly meeting is facilitated by Deborah Hope, MBA, PCIC, an experienced executive career coach. Deborah is a former Fortune 500 executive, investment banker and entrepreneur. She transitioned to executive coaching over 12 years ago. Deborah has coached with Harvard Business School Executive Education programs and the Massachusetts Conference for Women. She has been trained or certified in a variety of coaching models and assessment tools. Deborah has facilitated 50+ job seekers networking groups since 2016.
This series runs from August-December. Join for all sessions, or pick and choose. Evening sessions are also available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm and will cover the same material.
- Session # 1 - 8/2-Self Assessment/Transferable Skills
- Session #2 - 8/16 - Career Story - Tell Me A Little About Yourself
- Session #3 - 9/6 - Using AI in your job search
- Session #4 - 9/20 - LinkedIn
- Session #5 - 10/4 - Resumes - the Basics
- Session #6 - 10/18 - Resumes
- Session #7 - 11/1 - Thinking Outside the Box - Panel
- Session #8 - 11/15 - Interviewing Strategies
- Session #9 - 12/6 - Networking
- Session #10 - 12/20 - Marketing-Plan Your Work/Work Your Plan